The UISP Cable is a Category 5e cable with a highly insulating, weatherproof jacket that prevents damage from rain, snow, and other extreme climatic conditions. The cable is also fortified with internal foil shielding and a drain wire that collectively shield it from electrostatic discharge (ESD) and allow it to maintain Gigabit Ethernet link rates even when electromagnetic interference is present.
- Increase Performance – Dramatically improve your ethernet link states, speeds, and overall performance with Ubiquiti UISP Cables.
- Extreme Weatherproof – UISP Cables have been built to perform even in the harshest weather and environments.
- ESD Damage Protection – Protect your networks from devastating electrostatic discharge (ESD) attacks.
- Extended Cable Support – UISP Cables have been developed to have increased power handling performance for extended cable run lengths.
Bulletproof your networks
UISP Cable is currently available in two versions: PRO Shielding Protection and CARRIER Shielding Protection.
UISP Cable Pro is a Category 5e, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable with an integrated ESD drain wire.
UISP Cable Carrier is a Category 6, outdoor, carrier-class shielded cable that features an integrated ESD drain wire, anti-crosstalk divider, and secondary shielding. It is rated to provide optimal performance on Gigabit Ethernet networks.
- 24 AWG copper conductor pairs
- 26 AWG integrated ESD drain wire to prevent ESD attacks and damage
- PE outdoor-rated, weatherproof jacket
- Multi-layered shielding
- Available in lengths of 1000 ft (304.8 m)
UISP Cable Connectors
Specifically designed for use with Ubiquiti UISP Cables and available in 100-pc. bags, UISP Cable Connectors protect against ESD attacks and Ethernet hardware damage while allowing rapid field deployment without soldering.
|ESD attacks are the leading cause for device failures. The diagram below illustrates the areas vulnerable to ESD attacks in a network.
||By using a grounded Ubiquiti Power over Ethernet (PoE) Adapter along with Ubiquiti UISP Cable and UISP Cable Connectors, you can effectively protect against ESD attacks.